- Red Pepper - 2
- Garlic - 3 pods
- Onion - 1
- Tamarind - 1 inch piece
- Curry Leaves - a handful
- Corriander Leaves - a handful
- Red Chilly - 3
- Green Chilly - 1
- Salt to taste
- Urud Dal and mustard for seasoning.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Saute onions till translucent.
- Add curry leaves, garlic, red chilly and green chilly.
- Fry for 1-2 mins.
- Add cut red pepper and tamarind.
- Add salt and cook till red pepper is done (you may decide if you want it crunchy or soft).
- Add corriander leaves and toss for 2-3 mins.
- Remove from flame and cool.
- Puree in a mixer/blender.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan.
- Splutter mustard and urud dal.
- Add to the chutney and serve.
Note: You may not want to add the onions - depends on your liking and taste.