- Egg Yolk - 3
- Mustard Sauce - 1 tsp
- White Wine Vinegar - 1 tsp
- Oil - 200 ml
- Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
- Salt/Pepper - to taste
- Place the egg yolks in a bowl.
- Mix the mustard sauce, vinegar and mix well
- Slowly add the oil and keep blending (preferably in a blender/processor) (If you dont mix well, it could separate).
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix well
- The mayonnaise is now ready to be served.
- You could add chopped garlics or herbs or onions as you wish.
[caption id="attachment_90" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Homemade Mayonnaise"][/caption]
Note: Since this is prepared with raw egg yolk, it can be refrigerated and used for 2-3 days, not more.
I followed the recipe on one of the You Tube videos, but somehow, it always remains yellow for me. I use olive oil though. It could be because of that or else, I haven't figured out why it doesn't turn white like in the video. You could take a look at the video yourself.
BBC Good Home - Mayonnaise Recipe