Corn and Peas Salad per say is not rocket science (Well, for that matter, cooking anything else is not either). It is the combination of corn and peas and mayo that gives it this unique taste. Add some chopped garlics and chopped onions and it is a crunchy salad. It takes 10-15 minutes of your time and if you have guests over for dinner, you would definitely want to have this on the menu.
You could spice it up by adding salsa sauce or barbeque sauce instead of the mayonnaise. I remain faithful to good old mayo and hence my loyalty shows in my recipe:
- Corn - 100 gms/2 cups
- Peas - 50 gms/1 cup
- Sprouts (Optional) - 1/2 cup
- Onion - 1
- Garlic - 7-8 cloves
- Olive Oil - 1/4 cup
- White wine/White wine vinegar - 2 tblsp
- Mustard Sauce - 3 tblsp
- Coarsely ground pepper - 2 tblsp
- Italian Seasoning (Paprika, Thyme, Oregano, Basil) - 2 tblsp (totally)
- Mayonnaise - 5 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Olives/Jalapenos - for dressing - 1 tsp. (Optional)
- Make the salad dressing in the following way:
- Chop garlics, add Olive Oil (save 1 tsp. for tossing),white wine/white wine vinegar, mustard sauce and pepper powder and mix well.
- Set aside for an hour.
- Wash, Clean, (Thaw) corn and peas (if frozen).
- Steam Corn, peas and sprouts together.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a pan.
- Add steamed sprouts, corn, peas and toss.
- Add dressing, toss well and remove from flame.
- Slit Onion lengthwise, add to the salad.
- Add olives, jalapenos (optional).
- Let it cool.
- Add mayo, mix well and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Remove and Serve.