- Eggplant (Brinjal) - 5-6 (the purple one)
- Shallots - 6-8 (You cound use 1-2 onions instead)
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tsp
- Chilly Powder - 3 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Rice Flour - 2 tblsp
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Optional - Corriander Powder/Pepper Powder
- Grind the shallots (or onions), ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and red chilly powder to a fine paste without adding water.
- Slice the eggplants (brinjals) into fairly thin slices. If you make them very thin, they will turn crispy, and if you make them very thick, they will absorb a lot of oil while shallow frying)
- Marinate the eggplant pieces with the ground paste.
- Add Salt and set aside for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a shallow pan and fry the egg plant.
- Turn over and fry the other side as well.
- Serve Hot.
Note: If the marinade contains too much water content, the eggplant will absorb extra oil. In that case, smear the marinade on the eggplant slices after you place them in oil, just before you turn them over.