This is a quick fix dish that you can make from the left over idli's from breakfast. I usually make this for dinner if there are left over idlis at breakfast. Atleast husband dear cannot complain that he is being served the same dish 2 times a day.
- Cooked idli's - 6-7
- Onions - 2
- Green Chilly - 1
- Frozen green peas - thawed - 1 cup
- Curry/Sambar Powder - 1 tsp
- Chicken Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Cashew Nuts - 3 tbsp
- Jeera - 1 tsp
- Urud Dal - 1 tsp
- Channa Dal - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 1 sprig
- Cinnamon - 1
- Cloves- 2
- Corriander Leaves - Chopped
- Salt to taste.
- Dip each idli in water, squeeze the water out and crumble.
- Heat oil in a kadai, splutter mustard seeds.
- Add the cashew nuts and fry.
- Add Jeera, cinamon and cloves.
- Add red chilly, urud dal and channa dal
- When seasoning becomes brown enough, add curry leaves and cook.
- Add onions, chilly and peas and cook.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, chilly powder, chicken masala and curry powder and mix well.
- Add the crumbled idly and cover on low flame for 5 mins.
- Sprinkle corriander leaves and serve.
Note: You may add vegetables like carrots and potatoes if you want, but you will have to wait till it gets cooked before adding the idli.