You could prepare an elaborate pasta or a fairly quick one like this one. The original recipe from my friend G is yummy and elaborate... includes cheese, cream, milk and the works. What happens when you don't have some of the ingredients??? You make a quickie pasta like the one I made. I had no clue what to make for dinner last night. I then remembered seeing some elbow pasta stowed away in one of my containers. I sold the idea of pasta for dinner to my dearest husband (he is not too fond of pasta). After convincing him, a bigger problem arose... I did not have any other ingredients (like veggies, cheese etc). I still braved the hardships and made this quickie with whatever I could find. Here is how I made this.
- Pasta of your choice (Penne or Fusille are my favs) - 100 gms
- Tomato Puree - 100 ml
- Fresh Cream - 100 ml
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
- Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
- Capsicum - 1 cut into long pieces
- Onion - 1 cut into long slices
- Seasoning of your choice
- Any other veggies you may want to add (Corn, Peas, Olives, Mushrooms are my favs again)
- Salt and Pepper
- Boil the pasta and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the garlic paste.
- Add capsicum and onions and toss well.
- Add the tomato puree and cook covered for 2-3 mins
- Add the cream and mix well.
- Add the seasoning, salt and pepper and cook covered for another 2 mins.
- Add the pasta and mix well.
- Your pasta is ready to be served.