(Indianised to my taste obviously)
Ingredients (For 2 omelets)
- Eggs- 4
- Potato - 2 small
- Mushrooms - 5-6, chopped very finely
- Tomato - 1
- Green Chilly - 1
- Paparika - 1 tsp
- Seasoning of your choice - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Olive OIl - 1 tsp per omelet
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp (for frying the potatoes and mushroom)
- Cut potatoes and mushroom into evenly sized small pieces
- Boil them (optional - I did this so that I dont have to fry it for too long in oil. If you don't boil them, you will need more oil for frying the potatoes and mushroom)
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Add potatoes and mushroom and cook till dry.
- Add salt, required seasoning.
- Mash it a little.
- Beat 2 eggs well.
- Add half the green chilly and tomato cut into small pieces.
- Add required salt and beat well.
- Add half the potato and mushroom mix and beat well.
- Heat the pan and add 1 tsp olive oil.
- Add the beaten egg mix and spread evenly to make a thick mould.
- Reduce flame to low and cook covered with a lid.
- After 3 minutes, turn the omelet over (This is the difficult part, to turn it without breaking it. Cover the pan with a plate and turn it upside down, taking care not to burn your fingers. Then gently slide it back to the pan for the other side to cook.) Mine still gave away - guess it comes with loads n loads of experience.
- Serve with toast.