Thursday, June 24, 2010

Chinese Roti's


Yet another one from my left over make over series. Some one is having very little dinner - I practically have left over roti's every day. I know I'm not the one eating any lesser, so it probably has to be my husband. Well, I take efforts to feed him those roti's in yet another form. This time my attempt was at a Chinese variation. Just tore the roti's into small pieces, tossed it in a couple of sauces and it was ready... really, you have to believe me.

Ingredients
  • Left Over Chapathi - 2/3 (obviously fresh ones are better)
  • Onion - 1
  • Green Chilly - 2 slit lengthwise
  • Ginger - 1/2 inch piece, chopped into small pieces
  • Garlic - 3 cloves chopped
  • Soya Sauce - 1 tblsp
  • Chilly Sauce - 2 tsp
  • Tomato Ketchup - 2 tsp
  • Any other sauce/seasoning you prefer
  • Oil - 2 tsp
  • Salt to taste
Method
  • Tear the roti's into small pieces
  • Heat oil in a wok
  • Add garlic pieces and fry till smoked
  • Add onions, chilly and ginger and stir fry.
  • Add Soya Sauce, Chilly Sauce, Tomato Ketchup and othe sauces
  • Mix well, add salt.
  • Finally add the pieces of roti's you tore apart.
  • Toss well and serve.
This is not something great or yummy - Just a change from the regular roti's we have and a good way to not waste left over food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share It

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails