Sunday, June 6, 2010

Mushroom Bell Pepper Stir Fry



Inspired by Magic Oven Paachakam show on Kairali TV hosted by Mrs. Lakshmi Nair (show dated 30th May 2010). She made Chicken Bell Pepper Stir Fry. I substituted chicken with mushroom (a vegetarian's best alternative to meat). The preparation is fairly simple, but what gets to me is slicing of spring onions, garlics and capsicum. I outsourced that to my cook who probably was muttering under her breath (I did not hear it, so I am okay with it).

[caption id="attachment_120" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Not the best pic of the dish!"]Not the best pic of the dish![/caption]

Ingredients

  1. Button Mushrooms - 3 packets (not sure of the weight)

  2. Bell Peppers - 2 (I used 1 yellow as well, but the green ones are good enough)

  3. Onions - 2

  4. Spring Onions - 1 bunch (bulbs and stalks separated)

  5. Garlic - 10 cloves sliced finely

  6. Green Chilly - 2 slit finely

  7. Ginger - 1 inch piece slit into thin strips (optional - I did not use it)

  8. Soya Sauce - 2 tblsp

  9. Chilli Sauce - 1 tsp

  10. Salt - to taste

  11. Pepper - 2 tsp

  12. Cornflour - 1 cup

  13. Oil - 5 tblsp


Method

  1. Slice mushrooms into 2. Soak in hot water for 15 minutes.

  2. Marinate with salt and pepper and set aside for 30 minutes.

  3. Roll them into cornflour and set aside. (I was lazy to roll each one, so I just mixed it all. Not sure how different the taste would be had I rolled it)

  4. Heat oil in a wok.

  5. Fry chilly and garlic till brown.

  6. Add the mushroom and stir fry.

  7. Add soya sauce and chilly sauce.

  8. Fry till mushrooms are done.

  9. Add cut capsicum and toss around.

  10. Add onions, spring onions and continue frying.

  11. Add salt if required at this stage (after testing)

  12. Keep on low flame till the onions and capsicum become soft but not fully cooked.

  13. Serve.

    [caption id="attachment_119" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Mushroom Bell Pepper Stir Fry"]Mushroom Bell Pepper Stir Fry[/caption]


As I told you, the preparation is fairly simple. Peeling, slicing the onions, garlics and the spring onions was what was holding me back, but when I found a scapegoat to do that for me, I was more than willing to prepare this for lunch today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share It

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails