Monday, June 28, 2010

Salsa Scrambled Eggs Salad

I

I could not think of any better name for this. I had some egg yolks remaining from the omlet I made last night. I did not have the heart to throw it. I had frozen corn and peas in my freezer. I also had a nice spicy salsa sauce. So I did the obvious - tossed them all together in Olive Oil. Added some spring onions and cilantro to it with a dash of seasoning. Thats it. Here is how I made it.

Ingredients:
  • Egg Yolk - 2
  • Sweet Corn - 1 cup
  • Peas - 1 cup
  • Salsa Sauce - 3 tbsp
  • Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
  • Paparika Powder - 2 tsp
  • Oregano - 2 tsp
  • Thyme - 1 tsp
  • Salt to taste
  • Corriander Leaves - 1 small bunch
  • Spring Onions - 2 bulbs with greens
  • Shallots - 3-4
Method:
  • Thaw the corn and peas.
  • Heat olive oil in a pan.
  • Toss the corn and peas in it.
  • Beat the egg yolk well and mix to this.
  • Add Salsa sauce, shallots, spring onions and corriander leaves.
  • Add the seasoning and salt.
  • Toss well and remove from flame.
  • You may add shredded cheese or a dollop of butter to it (I did not add this to mine)
Serve the salad hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share It

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails