Saturday, March 16, 2013

Ripe Mango Curry

 This is a recipe I learnt from my mother in law. It is my husband's favourite, hence I had no choice but to learn it (lol!)

The only downside of this dish is that it can be made only during summer. Ugh, if you want to know why - Ripe Mangoes are available only in Summer!!!

You can make this with all varieties of mangoes, but the best would be the small mangoes which are usually home grown. I used this variety named "Senduram". Don't ask me the English name.








Ingredients:

  • Ripe Mangoes - 3
  • Green Chilly - 2, finely chopped
  • Red Chilly - 2
  • Coconut - 3-4 tbsp
  • Curry Leaves
  • Crushed Jaggery - 1 tbsp
  • Tamarind - 1 inch piece
  • Salt to taste
  • Oil
  • Mustard Seeds
Method
  1.  Remove the peel, cut the mango and use the seed as well
  2. Add chopped green chilies, jaggery and salt and squash well
  3. Dry roast the red chilly and grind with coconut and tamarind to a fine paste.
  4. Add to the mango mixture and mix well.
  5. Add water if needed to make the gravy
  6. Temper with mustard seeds and curry leaves



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share It

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails