I went to the grocery store and found this packet of Chilly Chicken Masala under the Aachi Masala brand. The pack says the ingredients are Chilly Powder, Corn flour, Garlic, Cassia, Cloves, Edible oil and Salt.
Here is how I made it.
- Boneless Chicken - 1 kg
- Onion - cut into thin slices - 2
- Spring Onion - 3-4
- Capsicum - 1 chopped fine
- Green Chilly - 2-3 slit lengthwise
- Soy Sauce - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash and clean chicken.
- Beat 1 egg and mix Aachi Chilly Chicken Masala. Apply to the chicken
- Add the rest of the marinade and set aside in the refrigerator for 4 hours
- Shallow fry the chicken and set aside
- In the remaining oil, saute onions and when it turns pink, add the slit chilly.
- Saute till onions are almost brown and add the spring onions and capsicum.
- Saute for 5 mins, add soy sauce and salt as needed.
- Mix well, add the chicken and serve hot.
There, didn't I tell you it is very simple. That is because none of the masala's are home made. Only thing is that it will take a while to fry 1 kg of small boneless pieces of chicken, because of the quantity. You can try with 1/2 kg chicken. And yes, since the chicken is well marinated, it doesn't need too long to cook. Make sure you don't burn the chicken pieces as you would spoil the dish if you did so.