Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Pasta Quickie ( with Capsicum and Onions in a creamy tomato base)


You could prepare an elaborate pasta or a fairly quick one like this one. The original recipe from my friend G is yummy and elaborate... includes cheese, cream, milk and the works. What happens when you don't have some of the ingredients??? You make a quickie pasta like the one I made. I had no clue what to make for dinner last night. I then remembered seeing some elbow pasta stowed away in one of my containers. I sold the idea of pasta for dinner to my dearest husband (he is not too fond of pasta). After convincing him, a bigger problem arose... I did not have any other ingredients (like veggies, cheese etc). I still braved the hardships and made this quickie with whatever I could find. Here is how I made this.

Ingredients:
  •  Pasta of your choice (Penne or Fusille are my favs) - 100 gms
  • Tomato Puree - 100 ml
  • Fresh Cream - 100 ml
  • Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
  • Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
  • Capsicum - 1 cut into long pieces
  • Onion - 1 cut into long slices
  • Seasoning of your choice
  • Any other veggies you may want to add (Corn, Peas, Olives, Mushrooms are my favs again)
  • Salt and Pepper
Method:

  • Boil the pasta and set aside.
  • Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the garlic paste.
  • Add capsicum and onions and toss well.
  • Add the tomato puree and cook covered for 2-3 mins
  • Add the cream and mix well.
  • Add the seasoning, salt and pepper and cook covered for another 2 mins.
  • Add the pasta and mix well.
  • Your pasta is ready to be served.
Variations - You could add cheese, milk and a host of other veggies. Regulating the amount of cream or tomato puree will give you the kind of sauce you prefer. If you are not too fond of cream or are health conscious(unlike me),  you could cut out the cream and the cheese and add a bit of skimmed milk to the tomato puree and garlic paste and cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share It

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails